Robotic & Automation Controls Engineer
Employment Type: Regular, Full Time
Functional Area: Applications
Salary: TBD – dependent upon experience
City/State: Appleton, WI, and De Pere, WI
Department: Engineering - Reports to Engineering Manager
Travel: Yes – up to 25%
Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering/Automation
As a member of the Engineering Production team, the Robotic & Automation Controls Engineer works within many areas of the company including application concepting, project quotation, and production engineering. Production engineering duties include electrical design, programming, documentation, simulation and testing. The Robotic & Automation Controls Engineer also performs field service support in the office and at customer sites as required.
- Development of product designs for new and existing equipment.
- Develop Bill of Materials for applications.
- Develop documentation and schematics as required for timely completion of projects.
- Review drawings of other Electrical Engineers and Electrical Designers.
- Create product functional specifications, equipment manuals and training manuals.
- Design/engineer pneumatic systems to meet application requirements.
- Work with Sales, Engineers and potential customers to determine optimal solutions for automating their applications.
- Prepare equipment line integration proposals and sales quotation data.
- Create/develop improvement ideas to make engineering team and company more efficient.
- Develop and modify Rockwell PLC and HMI programs.
- Continually learn new pieces of electrical equipment and incorporate it into PHC design, in both an electrical capacity and a programming capacity.
- Develop robotic path motions to maximize efficiency, safety and quality for our customers.
Internal/External Start-UP and Testing Support:
- Develop, test and implement software for various systems and equipment developed by PHC.
- Provide support for equipment set up and debugging of PHC equipment in field.
- Identify, understand and troubleshoot mechanical issues.
- Train customers to use and maintain systems.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on robotic systems and components.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of successful experience in the development and implementation of automation, robotic simulation, electrical design, programming, schematics, control system integration, repair and analysis of electrical applications of automated machinery, product/material handling equipment, packaging and conveyor systems.
- Willingness to learn new electrical equipment in electrical capacity and programming.
- Experience with:
- AC & DC motor drives
- Rockwell Software
- Allen Bradley components
- Programming (PLC & Robot)
- Servo Motion Control
- Robot Simulation Software (Kawasaki, Fanuc, etc.)
- Vision Systems
- Safety PLCs and Controllers
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Basic ACAD schematic drawing or electrical package experience
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards
- Ability to rapidly diagnosis, trouble shoot and debug problems in automated systems
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Results oriented and innovative
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Ability to visualize a process or system from concept to development
- Strong planning, organizational and decision making skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with customers, vendors and other stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 25%; sometimes being away for one to two weeks simultaneously
Salary Range will be dependent on applicant’s experience. Please include “Robotic & Automation Controls Engineer" in the subject line. Resumes may be addressed to email@example.com.